Monday, May 23, 2011

Huffington Post :: Deception and Abuse at the Fed

Deception and Abuse
at the Fed
by Robert Auerbach
Buy It Now
My response to the Federal Reserve's IG request:
by Robert Auerbach

Jina Hwang, Senior Attorney
May 19, 2011
Office of Inspector General
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System

Regarding: Your email request sent to me at 4:02 PM Friday, May 13, 2011 for my assistance on what you call "allegations made by Congressman Ron Paul during the February 24, 2010 Humphrey Hawkins Hearing" in questions to Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke.

Dear Senior Attorney Jina Hwang:

You state: "Congressman Ron Paul, who advised us that these allegations, concerning Watergate and Iraq weapons purchases were derived from a book that you authored related to these matters." The name of my book is Deception and Abuse at the Fed: Henry B. Gonzalez Battles Alan Greenspan's Bank (University of Texas Press, 2008). Much of my book is based on Congressional investigations in which I assisted Financial Services Committee (its newer name) Chairmen Henry Reuss and Henry B. Gonzalez and other Democratic members on the assigned oversight of the Federal Reserve functions of that committee.

Of course, I want to assist in bringing forward the problems I found in Federal Reserve operations that are deceptive, abusive and corrupt. I spent a number of years at the LBJ School of Public Affairs carefully documenting the record in my book that includes some of my experiences with the Fed's IG office.

Since you have given me short notice to return my reply, until this Friday, May 20, 2011, I believe that the most helpful document other than my book would be the note I sent to Congressman Paul immediately after the February 24, 2010 Financial Services Committee hearing. He placed my note shown below in the Congressional Record.

Read more at HuffPost Politics »

No comments:

Post a Comment